The Executive Board of the United Association of Labor Education (UALE), a community of educators and scholars dedicated to promoting education as an essential tool to worker training, leadership development, and equity in the workplace, would like to invite your press to submit a book or books for consideration for our annual Book Award prize. We will announce the prize at our annual conference that will take virtually on May 24-27, 2021.
The UALE Book Award recognizes a book published during the previous 2-year period that is especially valuable for labor education. It is for a book that represents responsible scholarship, new ideas, creative thinking, and intellectual contribution to the labor movement, the broader workers’ movement, labor economics, labor history, politics, culture, or any other topic related to work or labor. It should be a book that can be or is used in an educational setting.
To be considered for this prize:
- The book must be published between April 1, 2019 and April 1, 2021.
- A press can submit up to five books for consideration.
- The press must send one copy of each published book, or printed final manuscript with a letter stating the publication date will take place on or before April 1, 2021, to each of the four members of the book award committee. The press must also email a list of titles and authors of books that they have submitted for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. (press will receive book review committee list after sending this email)
- All books must be submitted by February 15, 2021 for consideration.
- An award announcement will be emailed to all presses that submit entries.