2019 Summer Schools
The 2019 UALE Women's Summer Schools will be starting up very soon. See below for relevant information on locations, dates and how to apply.
Visit the new UALE Women's Summer schools Registration website here.
|Other (not UALE)|
Western Summer Institute on Union Women
- Theme: "Equity. Justice. Reconcili-action: Building worker power through Intersectional feminism and activism,"
- Dates: July 2-7
- Location: Orchard Commons at University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Host: BC Federation of Labor
- Coordinator: Kassandra Cordero
- Register online here
More information is available on the BC federation website at https://conference.bcfed.ca/siuw2019/
Midwest School for Women Workers –
- Dates: July 23-27
- Location: University of Iowa
- Coordinators: Jennifer Sherer and Robin Clark-Bennett
- Brochure: pdf Midwest School brochure 2019 (312 KB)
- Register: To register, send in the form on the brochure, or contact the Labor Center at laborcenter.uiowa.edu
Northeast School for Women in Unions and Worker Organizations
- Theme: Never fear! The women are here!
- Dates: July 27-31
- Location: Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY (Long Island)
- Hosts: Hofstra and CUNY
- Coordinators: Diana Robinson (CUNY) and Mary Anne Trasciatti (Hofstra)
- Brochure: pdf UALE Northeast Summer School Brochure (3.16 MB)
- Register online here.
Southern Women Worker Summer School
- Theme: Agitate! Educate! Organize!
- Dates: August 1-4
- Location: Scarritt Bennett Center, Nashville, TN
- Hosts: Highlander Center
- Coordinator: Susan Williams
- Flyer: pdf 2019 Southern WSS flyer (126 KB)
- Register online here Registration deadline is July 6
More information about the 2019 UALE Women's Summer Schools will be posted on this page as it becomes available.
Other 2019 Women's Summer Schools
The schools listed below are not sponsored by UALE. However, they have similar goals and methods, and are include UALE members among their organizers and teachers.
Regina V. Polk Women's Leadership Conference The Regina V. Polk Women's Labor Leadership Conference is a multi-day participatory conference run by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign's Labor Education Program for working women that creates an open & invigorating space for rank and file women union activists & community leaders to learn from skilled instructors and one another.
Women's Institute for Leadership Development (WILD) WILD is an independent not-for-profit organization that hosts weekend-long summer institutes for women in unions and community organizations that deal with worker issues. It is mainly directed at Massachusetts women, but is open to women fro elsewhere. It will be holding its 33nd Summer Institute this summer. WILD is a tri-lingual program, with workshops in English, Spanish and Portuguese, and simultaneous interpretation for plenary sessions.