2019 Summer Schools
Save the Dates!
We do not yet have all the brochures for the 2019 Women's Summer Schools, but we do have the dates and locations. We do have a brochure for the Midwest School, which is already accepting registrations.. Watch this page for more information as it becomes available.
Visit the new UALE Women's Summer schools Registration website here.
|Other (not UALE)|
Western Summer Institute on Union Women
- Dates: July 2-7
- Location: University of British Columbia
- Host: BC Federation of Labor
- Coordinator: Kassandra Cordero
Midwest School for Women Workers –
- Dates: July 23-27
- Location: University of Iowa
- Coordinators: Jennifer Sherer and Robin Clark-Bennett
- brochure: pdf Midwest School brochure 2019 (312 KB)
To register, send in the form on the brochure, or contact the Labor Center at laborcenter.uiowa.edu
Northeast School for Women in Unions and Worker Organizations
- Dates: July 27-31
- Location: Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY (Long Island)
- Hosts: Hofstra and CUNY
- Coordinators: Diana Robinson (CUNY) and Mary Anne Trasciatti (Hofstra)
- Brochure: pdf UALE Northeast Summer School Brochure (3.16 MB)
- Register online here.
Southern Women Worker Summer School
- Dates: August 1-4
- Location: Nashville, TN
- Hosts: Highlander Center
- Coordinator: Susan Williams
More information about the 2019 UALE Women's Summer Schools will be posted on this page as it becomes available.
Other 2019 Women's Summer Schools
The schools listed below are not sponsored by UALE. However, they have similar goals and methods, and are include UALE members among their organizers and teachers.
Regina V. Polk Women's Leadership Conference (No information available yet)
Women's Institute for Leadership Development (WILD) WILD is an independent not-for-profit organization that hosts weekend-long summer institutes for women in unions and community organizations that deal with worker issues. It is mainly directed at Massachusetts women, but is open to women fro elsewhere. It will be holding its 33nd Summer Institute this summer. WILD is a tri-lingual program, with workshops in English, Spanish and Portuguese, and simultaneous interpretation for plenary sessions.